HOW TO AVOID THE TOP FIVE (5) IMPLANT ERRORS
that lead to POOR restoration results!!
- Patient is a strong candidate.
- Bone is adequate. If NOT, this is post bone augmentation.
- Proper healing time.
Poor treatment plan & communication with patient, surgeon and laboratory:
(Nobody plans to fail, they fail to plan)
- Protocol: Following an accurate protocol is critical. Shortcuts/missed steps lead to disaster.
- This can typically result in poor placement. Often times, this leads to unpleasing aesthetics or the restoration promised not to be fabricated at all. Ultimately, over-all patient disappointment.
- We highly recommend a CBCT scan to be viewed with surgeon, GP and lab technician.
Poor (or NO) tissue management:
- A lack of tissue management can lead to poor aesthetics, poor impressions and tissue impingement causing seating issues.
Poor or incorrect/inaccurate impression
(NOTHING is accurate with an inaccurate impression.)
- Closed tray can lead to orientation issues. Utilizing an OPEN tray eliminates this reoccurring issue. Utilizing the correct transfers is equally important as well.
- Quads and triple trays are a recipe for disaster for ALL restorations. Inadequate cross-arch reference leads to occlusal issues most often. ALWAYS utilize a full arch with a monophase material.
Poor abutment choice/design:
- Utilizing AUTHENTIC, brand –specific abutments is critical for a plethora of reasons.
- Utilizing CUSTOM abutments is crucial for porcelain support and over-all fit & aesthetics.
- Utilize a laboratory that specializes in IMPLANT Design, parts, protocol and consult is crucial.
Poor material choice and/or design SPECIFIC to implant supported:
- Material choice is specific to function, indication & region of mouth.
- Design is equally critical and specific to implant supported restorations. Again, choosing a lab that specializes in implant cases will be the smart choice.
Gardali Advanced Restorative & ImplantONE. When it matters most, TRUST Gardali.
Call click or email for case consult and a Doctor Resource Kit: 315.732.8204 / Info@GardaliLab.com / GardaliLab.com