How to OPTIMIZE & SIMPLIFY communication between Lab & Doctor:
Why is improved communication so CRITICAL?
- Avoidable phone calls to and from the Dental laboratory are CO$TLY to US BOTH.
- Delays in case turn around are unnecessary in most cases.
- Remakes / adjustments due to a lack of information are detrimental to everyone.
- Errors due to communication “lost in translation” between staff, Doctor and tech. are CO$TLY.
- Avoidable, unanticipated case challenges are a nightmare for us BOTH.
…must I go on?
What simple changes are truly GAME CHANGERS?
- Involve the lab in case-planning / pre-op. Especially for Implants supported restorations.
- Legibly fill-out the RX COMPLETELY.
- Material / restoration choice.
- Restoration Shade & stump shade
- Patient Appointment date & TIME.
- Your PHONE # and/or email address.
- Provide an accurate bite registration.
- Include information regarding the patient’s expectations / desires.
- Always include the surgeon’s letter if applicable.
- NEVER utilize a triple tray. Provide a full-arch, monophase impression. GardaliLab.com for full report.
- Include PHOTOS if possible.
- Check the case on the model PRIOR to the patient appointment. Contact us with any concern.
- Tell us YOUR specific PREFERENCES.
- In the case of a possible remake. Contact us immediately, BEFORE the patient leaves. We may be able to help you seat the case with some minor chair-side adjustments OR we may need a NEW bite or impression. Let’s get that data BEFORE the patient leaves!
- If a remake is required, return EVERYTHING back to the laboratory.
- Let us KNOW the BEST method to communicate with your practice. I.e. Phone or email etc.
These simple changes will improve over-all case success while making the process less cumbersome.
Director of Business Development.
Gardali Advanced Restorative/ImplantONE
401 Court St. Utica, NY 13502